News:

Need some help accessing our forum?
Send  Amazola a mail for password reset, reminder of login details etc.

Main Menu
Welcome to Friends Re-United in The Settlers online. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 13:52:18

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Discord

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 6,086
  • Total Topics: 2,103
  • Online today: 50
  • Online ever: 92
  • (January 27, 2024, 16:46:05)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 43
Total: 43

An analysis of Draw Results

Started by Gavona, November 30, 2013, 12:08:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavona

I was asked the other day why xxx wins so many draws.  The answer is really obvious - because they enter more than most!   But I was prompted to do some more analysis......

You can see from the little summary tables that there are 14 "frequent" players.  The person I was asked about is one of these (and in the "Less lucky so far" category).

:D Thank You!

"Generous Donors" regularly send me granite/gold coin/guild coin but ask not to be entered into the draw.  Thank you!

I have not captured detail of those who donate by sending more than the entry fee (eg more than 310ggc) in those draws where sending more does NOT increase your chances of winning.  None the less this generosity pervades the guild - so thank you all who do this. 

There are 4 who enter pretty much every draw ==> Thank you! 

Quite deliberately, the lower level players have a better chance of winning in our draws:
We have had a few draws with special prizes for those below a certain level.  In addition some of the draws are split so that one draw is more suited to lower level players (gold coin draw vs Gold Coin Donors' draw,   Granite Mini Draw vs Granite Jackpot Draw).   This tends to mean that lower level players who enter the draws aimed at them have a very good chance of winning.
The table suggests that frequent players are more likely to win than occasional participants.  However, in fact it is the lower level players who distort this figure.  Without them the win% for frequent players is 22% - similar to that for occaisional players.
"I get by with a little help from my friends."<br /><br />Draw Details      Wheel of Fortune

43 Guests, 0 Users